Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Hello All, please excuse cross-listing. I am helping a grad student with a research problem and I'm hoping someone else out there will have some ideas for searching. I've recommended the subject headings of Costume History and Fashion History, particularly 19th & 20th century. And I've found a couple of sites by using terms like "male fashion 19th century flamboyant" but haven't really gotten very far. Any ideas? The student's email is below.

Karen Bouchard
Brown University

"I am really interested in the over the top mid-late 19th century/early 20th century men's fashion trend of
wearing big bold patterns (checks & stripes & plaids & paisley) & colors, exaggerated cuts & bowties & collars - you probably
know what i'm talking about here. I'd love to know where to look for images and for texts on this style of dress.
Seems to me to have developed around the civil war and was embraced by stage performers and still seemed to be lingering in the 1930's."

--
Karen A. Bouchard
Scholarly Resources Librarian for Art and Architecture

Phone: (401) 863-3218

http://libguides.brown.edu/profile.php?uid=56435

Images at Brown blog, latest entry: https://sites.google.com/a/brown.edu/image-collections-in-the-brown-library/new-entries/apocalypse

Art and architecture news: @BrownImageBlog

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero.