Last week in my role as liaison, I posted a message asking for leaders of the Society’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that were listed as leaderless to contact me.  We are fortunate to have so many people willing to take on the duties of coordinating the SIGs Some have asked for help in finding a replacement since they have other Society responsibilities. Only one SIG – Photography Librarians is without a coordinator.  When a SIG becomes inactive, the Executive Board dissolves it. Before we take this step, I am hoping someone would like to take charge of the Photography Librarians SIG.  Your main duties are to organize a meeting at the annual conference, submit a written report one month prior to the  conference for the Society’s Annual Report, with optional duties including submitting session proposals or organizing a special study tour for the annual conference, creating a discussion forum via email, blogs or social media, or whatever helps promote discussion of your area of interest.

If you are willing to become coordinator of the Photography Librarians SIG or have additional questions, please contact me off list or by telephone.  If no one expresses any interest, the Photography Librarians SIG will be dissolved by the Executive Board in an upcoming conference call. I think that would be a shame.

http://www.arlisna.org/organization/sigs.html

With hope!

Gregg

Gregory P. J. Most