Many of you have already posted wonderful tributes to Dr. Wolfgang M. Freitag on ARLIS-L.  Because of his seminal role in the founding of the Art Libraries Society of North America and in establishing the profession of art librarianship, we are planning an in-depth look at his career and influence in the Fall 2013 issue of Art Documentation.  My gratitude goes to Bill Walker and Betty Jo Irvine for offering to co-author this article.

Bill and Betty Jo have asked for additional thoughts, stories, remembrances, and comments from anyone who knew Wolfgang, worked with him, was inspired by him, and valued him as a colleague and a friend.  Please send your comments directly to me by December 31, 2012, and I will forward them as a group to Bill and Betty Jo.  If anyone has photographs to share, we would welcome those as well.

Thank you in advance for helping to make this a rich and inspiring celebration of Wolfgang's life and legacy.

Best regards,

Judy

Judy Dyki

Editor, ART DOCUMENTATION