May I add a few words to Betty-Jo Irvine’s tribute to Wolfgang Feitag.

It is very sad to hear of Wolfgang’s passing, he was one of the bulwarks of our profession; indeed, the fact that we can talk of the profession of ‘art librarian’, let alone enjoy an art libraries society owes so much to him. He was the scholar art librarian who articulated the specifics of the profession in print, in practice and in person. He gave us standards, structure, dignity. He was a genial authority, a great friend, an insightful thinker, and a serious, humorous, avuncular man. We were lucky to enjoy his presence in North American and international gatherings of art librarians for so many years.
One memory persists: Wolfgang and Doris dancing to Cajun fiddlers in New Orleans.

Clive Phillpot in London

PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information without our prior consent is strictly prohibited. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Architectural Association (Inc.). If you have any doubts as to the authenticity of this e-mail please contact either the sender or the Architectural Association directly. The Architectural Association, Inc. is a Registered Charity Incorporated as a Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 171402. Registered office: 36 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3ES.

VIRUS WARNING
The contents of any attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. While the Architectural Association (Inc.) has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, it cannot accept liability for any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Architectural Association