Dear Colleagues,

I am writing with an update on the upcoming annual meeting of the College Book Art Association, to be hosted at Yale University on January 4 & 5, 2013.  We have recently had a change in the keynote speaker and we are very excited about the new addition to the program.

The new program will feature three of my colleagues from Yale who work with graphic design and letterpress in both the graduate and undergraduate communities.  The program is entitled "Carl Rollins and the Legacy of Letterpress at Yale" and will discuss the history and pedagogy of Carl Rollins, the first University Printer of Yale from 1920 to 1948.  The three speakers are: John Gambell, current University Printer; Chika Ota, recent Yale graduate and Rollins Fellow in the Office of the University Printer; and professor Richard Rose, who teaches the Art of the Printed Word college seminar.  A question and answer session will follow.  This will be a wonderful opening to Saturday's programming related to the conference theme "Art From Artifact: Teaching and Learning From the Object."

The entire program for the two-day meeting can be found at https://www.regonline.com/custImages/281747/CBAA_2013_Nov9.pdf

If you are not yet familiar with the College Book Art Association, I encourage you to investigate the mission and programming of this quickly growing professional organization.  http://www.collegebookart.org/  While the annual meeting is for members-only, anyone interested in the book arts can become a member.  New members who join now will receive benefits starting immediately and for the entire 2013 calendar year.  http://www.collegebookart.org/Default.aspx?pageId=363225

Sincerely,
Jae

Jae Jennifer Rossman
Assistant Director for Special Collections
Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library
Yale University
180 York Street
New Haven, CT 06520