From: Mark Puente <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Subject: ARL/Music Library Association Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
To: ARL CEP Alumni Google Group <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: LCDP Alumni Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, 2011-arl-diversity-programs-participants <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

Any assistance that you all can provide for recruitment would be much appreciated! Please pardon duplicate postings.

ARL and MLA are currently accepting applications for the Diversity and Inclusion Initiative - an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) funded diversity recruitment program that provides significant financial support and a paid internship to students from traditionally underrepresented ethnic and racial minority groups who are interested in pursuing careers in music and performing arts librarianship.

Please note that the application deadlines are approaching for three of our program partners**:

Univ. of Illinois GSLIS (December 1st)
UCLA School of Information Studies (December 10th)
Univ. of Pittsburgh SIS (January 15th 2013)

If you know of eligible candidates, please forward the information as appropriate. Additional information about the ARL/MLA DII can be found on our website:

http://www.arl.org/diversity/arl-mla-dii/index.shtml

I'm happy to answer any questions.

All best!

Mark

--
Mark A. Puente
Director of Diversity and Leadership Programs

**Please note that one need not be enrolled in one of our partner institutions to participate in the program.