Lee and Janine -

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I think that this change (and there are other changes as well) are worth complaining to JSTOR about either as a group or individually.  I am the administrative contact for JSTOR at UD and am in regular contact with my JSTOR person asking questions and making comments about the site.

I am guessing that this change occurred on November 12 when JSTOR launched ebooks as well as their usual fare of journals.  Changes to the site occurred due to the addition of ebooks, and there was no information or notification about these changes.

One particularly problematic change (for me anyway) is the icons which are now being used.  JSTOR removed the green icon which indicated full access and now only uses gray icons which indicate either no access or partial access.  So, the user is supposed to understand that if there is no icon, then full access is available.  For me, this is not intuitive.  Users (here at UD) like to see green icons indicating full access.  JSTOR's decision to change the icons means that they (JSTOR) are now advertising what we do NOT have access to instead of what we DO have access to.  I find that irritating.

Now that you have discovered the loss of the "image search feature," it makes me wonder what else got changed that we don't know about.

My two cents.
Susan