I   would like to join my colleagues , e.g.Berger, Goodman,  Irvine,
Phillpot,  Seckelson, and others, in expressing great sorrow at the
passing  of Wolfgang Freitag.
	 From the earliest days of the founding of ARLIS/NA he has
contributed his wisdom to its growth and development.  The field of
art librarianship is far better off for his contributions.
	Wolfgang was unique in being a scholar and a gentleman and a friend.
	I personally enjoyed my contact over the years , with Wolfgang and
his wife Doris.  I am sure that you would join me in sending
condolences to her and to their family.

	Bill Walker,  Canaan NY