Hello, collective wisdom!

I am currently in library school, working on a project with a small
not-for-profit organization in the city of Buffalo.  (The Western New York
Book Arts Center)  The on-site book/serials collection is currently
organized loosely by subject, but with no actual subject headings or
classification system.  I had though of simply using LC subject headings to
organize the collection, but wanted to ask whether or not any of you
currently working with similar collections would suggest a different
method.  Many of the books deal with topics such as paper-making,
calligraphy, bookbinding, and related topics.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

--
*Esther Marie Jackson*
*

University at Buffalo, the State University of New York
Graduate School of Education
Department of Library and Information Studies

http://bit.ly/ubdlisstudents
http://bit.ly/emjacksonresume