I am writing an article for our department newsletter about one of our
former department chairs who seems to me to have broken some significant
ground for women in the administration of art departments in the
southeastern United States. She was chair of three different art
departments beginning in 1970 until her retirement in 1990. The article
can't be too lengthy, but I want to try to put her achievements in recent
historical context of academic administration so that younger readers
especially will be able to understand what she did, what academia was like
then, how it was changing. I wonder if someone could easily point me to
some references that deal specifically with academic art departments,
especially something like a timeline of women administrators, or women
department chairs, or women in administrative positions in art and art
history departments in the U.S.?
Thank you!

Rachel Dobson