Dear all,

I'm helping a student who is researching a specific 19th century wallpaper
(image attached). The wallpaper is from a historic house in Meriden, CT,
which was once the home of Senator Orville Platt, and it features what
looks like a plantation scene from the antebellum south. The student is
working on getting access to Orville Platt's papers and is contacting the
local historical society to see if there are any leads to wallpaper
distributors, etc. We've found plenty of general sources about the history
of wallpaper.

Do any of you know of an arcane wallpaper design reference source or have
additional ideas about how to learn more about this specific wallpaper?

Many thanks!
Alice

--
Alice Whiteside
Librarian & Instructional Technology Consultant