Collegues:

I’m writing to let art- and classical-studies librarians know of a primary source text on historiography contained in a book of poetry.  The poet Julia Older several years ago wrote and published a play on the Francois Vase.  This year she transformed the text into a narrative poem (2012).  In doing so she translated Alessandro Francois’ 19th-century account of his finding the vase into English and added it as an appendix to her book/sound recording.

As many of us don’t collect poetry, I bring this to the attention of those who’d like to have this translation in their collection.  The Worldcat record does not mention this appendix, which I am having changed in our local record to reflect the translation.   Others may also be interested in acquiring this text for its scholarly merit.

ISBN: 9780984592128 0984592121

Best,

Lee

Lee Sorensen