Epson still has an active Focused Giving Program (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/AboutFocusedGivingProgram.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes ) to which we applied several years ago and were awarded an Epson Expression 10000XL scanner. So we were able to get a professional quality (retail around $2,900) slide / document scanner for free. (We never would have been able to get it otherwise.)  It included mounts for 35mm, 4x5 & 8x10 transparencies and software. Even though we are not in their prioritized geographic area. We crafted the grant narrative towards its educational use. The large format flatbed scanner is an excellent piece of equipment, very easy to use, and produces high quality images. I heard about it first from this list!  The process took several months – sometimes with no word from Epson – but it sure paid off. All I can say it is definitely worth a shot.

Joyce Weaver | Librarian | 704.337.2023

Vist the NEW mintmuseum.org

Mint Museum Randolph | 2730 Randolph Road | Charlotte, North Carolina | 28207