Dear list,

If you use Ex-Libris products (we use Voyager), ShelfLister is a good mobile device app developed at the University of Texas at Arlington by Michael Doran. See http://rocky.uta.edu/doran/shelflister/.  Our Illinois library consortium just happens to be working on a 3.0 version to be used with iPads. 2.0 works with smartphones.

Janine Henri kindly told me of UCLA's use of ShelfLister there. See http://catexp.library.ucla.edu/cgi-bin/shelflister.cgi

As for other library management systems, I haven't found or heard of any hot prospects yet. Oracle has a retail store inventory app which could probably be developed further, if any of you is a dedicated programmer with time on your hands.

Thanks for your tips!

Leigh Gates
Director of Library Services
Harrington College of Design
200 W. Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60606
312.697.8021 P
312.697.3318 Front Desk

www.harrington.edu<http://www.harringtoncollege.com/>

"There is no such thing as information overload-only bad design." Edward Tufte