Dear Colleagues,

I sent out a similar letter the other day but here is a more specific message.

I have for sale a very comprehensive library of MUSEUM CATALOGUES OF NETHERLANDISH PAINTING  of the 15th-19th CENTURIES, comprising approximately 385 volumes.

The group includes a few smaller publications (for instance, in some cases the only "catalogue" of a smaller museum collection is a special issue of a bulletin) but all are on  museum collections.

This collection has been assembled over the past 40 years or so.

This collection includes publications from large and small museums in Europe, Russia, The United States, South America, Canada, and Africa (The Republic of South Africa; I am unaware of any public collections of Netherlandish Painting in Africa other than the one in The Republic of South Africa).

The condition of the books in generally excellent; a few volumes have minor wear, or are museum duplicates.  Most volumes are small quartos but size varies from octavo to the folio plate volumes published by The National Gallery, London.

Some of the volumes are from the 19th century; many are scarce and out of print.  Most are well-illustrated.

I will be pleased to send a title list to any one who is interested in this collection.

Needless to say this is a tremendously useful and valuable resource.

Please note: This is NOT the library I offered a short while ago, which consists of PRIVATE COLLECTIONS of Dutch and Flemish paintings, including many auction catalogues of private collections. This is still available. There are more than 950 volumes in this group.

Thank you.

Andrew Washton
Andrew D. Washton Books on the Fine Arts
168 Irving Avenue, Port Chester, New York 10573
411 East 83rd Street, New York, New York 10028
914 933 0479
www.washtonbooks.com