I've just heard that there are still a few spots available at the Summer Educational Institute (SEI), being held this year in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  If you have ever considered attending SEI, this is a fantastic (and rare) opportunity since SEI normally has to turn people away after just a few months of the annual announcement.  And if you attended a few years back, you might consider doing it again.  Many students do repeat as the curriculum is continually updated and they want to stay on top of best practices, new ideas and to meet other people working in the same, or similar jobs.

I've been teaching at SEI for the past eight years, and I can attest to what a great experience this is for everyone.  I can also tell you that we listen to the feedback from students.  For example, in my area of expertise, digital imaging, we completely redid the curriculum two years ago to make it less lecture and much more hands-on.  The digital classrooms are well equipped with Adobe Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom.  The morning is the basic section, while we move into more advanced techniques (tethered shooting, non-destructive editing in Lightroom, batch embedding of metadata in Bridge, and rapid capture techniques) in the afternoon.  Students can download all my instructional materials in advance, and keep that for future reference.

I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to attend SEI, whether its for the first time, or if you are coming back again for more.  Looking forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor.

Howard Brainen
TWO CAT DIGITAL INC.
14719 Catalina Street
San Leandro, CA 94577 USA
510-483-1220  X201<tel:510-483-1220%20%C2%A0X201>
www.twocatdigital.com<http://www.twocatdigital.com/>

Digitization Services and Consulting

For information about the other exciting course offerings at this year's institute please visit the SEI Website: http://sei.vrafoundation.org/index.html

Question? Please don't hesitate to contact the co-chairs directly: http://sei.vrafoundation.org/contacts2012.html