Interlochen Center for the Arts is hosting a symposium to explore the future of the arts.  I thought that this might be of interest to some of you and/or your faculty...

http://www.interlochen.org/symposium

Amazing developments in technology and media, changing generational demographics and more have ushered in new roles for teachers, performers and consumers; emerging challenges for leadership; new demands on schools, organizations and artists; and a new balance between craft, history and tradition. In other words—the world of the arts is changing.

As part of the Academy's 50th anniversary celebrations, Interlochen is hosting a symposium to explore these changes and look ahead to the future of the arts. "The Academy's 50th anniversary is an important milestone, both to honor Interlochen's rich history and to look ahead to the future," said Jeffrey Kimpton, president of Interlochen Center for the Arts. "We will welcome arts leaders from around the globe to help us explore the changing world of the arts, which is an essential responsibility we have to future generations."

Information, Space and Time: The Arts, Creativity and Learning in the 21st Century will be held October 10-13, 2012, at Interlochen Center for the Arts. It will be led by an all-star ensemble of speakers, thinkers, performers, presenters and leaders in the arts, including:

Together, attendees, speakers and presenters will explore a range of perspectives on the future of the arts including: Teaching and Learning in the Arts; Arts and the Environment; Leadership in the Arts; The Future of the Ensemble; The Future of the Book; and more. Peer-to-peer discussion groups will stimulate unscripted dialogue, while workshops and creative sessions will provide roll-up-your-sleeves, immersive forums and roundtables. And all of this will be topped off with live performances throughout the conference.

The symposium is designed for everyone who is interested in the future of the arts, including educators, students, performers, advocates and others. We hope you will join us!

To find out more and register, please visit interlochen.org/symposium.

--
Sandra Besselsen
Bonisteel Library Director

www.interlochen.org
P: 231.276.7495

INTERLOCHEN ARTS CAMP | ARTS ACADEMY | COLLEGE OF CREATIVE ARTS | PRESENTS | PUBLIC RADIO