Posted on behalf of:

Judith Preece

ARLIS/UK&Ireland Chair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARLIS/UK & Ireland are very pleased to announce that the new editorial team for the Art Libraries Journal is now complete. Gillian Varley will be standing down as the Editor of the ALJ towards the end of 2013, after vol.38 no.3.

She has done an outstanding job, and will have kept the journal lively and diverse for 16 years. As Chair of ARLIS/UK&Ireland, I would like to thank Gillian on behalf of all our members for the wonderful work she has done over the years, and wish her a happy retirement.

The new Editor of the ALJ is Erica Foden-Lenahan, currently working as a Special Collections Librarian at the Courtauld Institute of Art. Erica has also worked at some of our major art institutions, the Tate and the University of the Arts to name just two.

Erica has undertaken  many roles within ARLIS, including the Chair of the Students and Trainees Committee, and the International News Columnist for the ARLIS/UK&Ireland News-sheet. We will be welcoming Erica to Council in November this year, and look forward to working closely with her.

Erica joins Deputy Editor  Gustavo Grandal Montero, from the University of the Arts London, and Reviews Editor  Kraig Binkowski, from the Yale Center for British Art, and I would like to extend my good wishes for the future  to the whole team.

Judith Preece

ARLIS/UK&Ireland Chair

University of East London

University Way