Dear Collective Wisdom,

I'm trying to help a patron gather more substantial information on the French painter, Edouard Bisson.    There is an article on him in Benezit; but we're trying to find more substantial information on him.  All of my local sources have been exhausted.

Bisson was a student of Jean-Leon Gerome.  Would anyone who has a copy of Jean-Leon Gerome and His Pupils by Robert Issacson be able to check their copy for any mention of Bisson?  It would be very helpful.

Bisson apparently exhibited at the Salon des Artistes Francais in the years 1900, 1903, 1904, and 1905.  If anyone could see if he's mentioned in any books about the Societe des Artistes Francais that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Best,
--
Tammy Ravas
Visual and Performing Arts Librarian and Media Coordinator