The Art and Architecture Thesaurus (AAT) is collecting examples of how our users implement precoordinate indexing locally.

Particularly, how precoordinate indexing terms may be rendered with appropriate AAT subject IDs in a MARC record:  If and how the individual AAT subject IDs are retained (in a 654 or 655 field for example), when a compound term is constructed from two unique AAT terms.

Please send examples (off list please) to:

Our purpose to advise users and create examples for an update of our editorial manual. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Antonio  Beecroft

 Antonio Beecroft
Data Standards Editor