Dear wonderful colleagues,

NMWA now has a Drupal website and we are looking at potentially getting
a new CMS for our art collection that plays nicely with Drupal. If you
have any recommendations, non-recommendations, or general insights
please send them my way.

Additionally, I would love to hear from people in institutions utilizing
the library department in art cataloging. This could be in a big way
(you are an art cataloger or oversee one in a library) or a small way
(the library gives recommendations on controlled vocabulary to use), but
I want to hear about how your department plays with the curatorial
department and the registrar in this function. Our registrar seems game
in having my help but it'd be useful to see examples of successful and
not successful relationships across departments in regards to the art
collection before I start giving my recommendations for how we should
proceed with this project.

Thanks!

Heather Slania

Director of the Library and Research Center

National Museum of Women in the Arts

1250 New York Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20005