Thinking about attending the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI) 2012 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor?

SEI 2004 attendee Katherine Moloney gained insight on best practices to inform her museum's digitization efforts and, after attending SEI, was able to clearly align her work with her institution's strategic initiatives:

I was fortunate enough to be a part of the inaugural SEI class of 2004 at Duke University.  My position in the museum was to chart unknown territory and create best practices for the increasingly important work of the museum – creating and managing digital surrogates of art from our permanent collection.  SEI gave me the tools to do that and so much more.  From that week countless conversations and meetings have come about, thousands of digital images have been shared, and a better understanding of our institutional strategy has been established. My former supervisor, a long-time member of ARLIS, insisted that I attend this session because of the professional respect he had for the planning and implementation team. He felt that they would hand me the tools I needed to get the job done and establish a career-long network of mentors and helpers that would guide me and he was absolutely right! If you need help with project management, SEI is the place for you.

Katherine Moloney
Teaching Resources Coordinator
Amon Carter Museum of American Art

Act now! For information about this year's institute please visit the SEI Website: http://sei.vrafoundation.org/index.html