Greetings from sunny Oberlin!

The Clarence Ward Art Library restricts circulation based on format, content, and a handful of other criteria.  One long-standing policy is that books over $100 do not circulate.  My director has expressed concern this policy may be too restrictive.

Do you work in an academic art library that restricts circulation based in part on price or replacement cost?  If so I'd love to hear from you; a brief description of your policy off-list would be ideal <bprior@oberlin.edu>.   I'm especially interested in hearing from art libraries that primarily serve undergraduates.

If anyone is interested in a summary of responses just let me know and I'll post to the list.

Thanks,
Barb

--
Barbara Prior  ::  Art Librarian  ::  440-775-5144
Clarence Ward Art Library  ::  Oberlin College  ::  Oberlin OH