Hello,

Are you familiar with the following title?

Is it a serious one?

Thanks in advance,

michaela

Dear Academic/Librarian,

LearningEmall.com would like to introduce the following educational programs to you!

Today's Topic : Environmental Issue & Men (Issue 2)

Biophilic Design: The Architecture Of Life
A design revolution that connects buildings to the natural world, buildings where people feel and perform better. Biophilic Design is an innovative way of designing the places where we live, work, and learn. We need nature in a deep and fundamental fashion, but we have often designed our cities and suburbs in ways that both degrade the environment and alienate us from nature.
DVD / 2011 / 62 minutes / USD 250.00
>>> more details <<<

City Dark, The: A Search For Night on A Planet That Never Sleeps
The definitive story of light pollution and the disappearing stars. THE CITY DARK chronicles the disappearance of darkness. The film follows filmmaker (and amateur astronomer) Ian Cheney (KING CORN, BIG RIVER,TRUCK FARM), who moves to New York City from Maine and discovers an urban sky almost completely devoid of stars. He poses a deceptively simple question, "What do we lose, when we lose the night?".
DVD / 2011 / 83 minutes / USD 295.00
>>> more details <<<

Light Bulb Conspiracy, The
The Light Bulb Conspiracy uncovers how planned obsolescence has shaped our lives and economy since the 1920's, when manufacturers deliberately started shortening the life of consumer products to increase demand. The film also profiles a new generation of consumers, designers and business people who have started challenging planned obsolescence as an unsustainable economic driver.
DVD / 2011 / 75 minutes / USD 250.00
>>> more details <<<

Sustainable Futures Series
Thanks to sustainable rainforest management projects and government regulations, the deforestation rates in the Brazilian rainforest have declined over the past 10 years.

·  Deforestation Issues

·  Landfills And Waste Issues

·  Sustainable Living

·  Transport Pollution

DVD / 2011 / 24 minutes / USD 195.00 x 4
>>> more details <<<

Waking The Green Tiger
Waking the Green Tiger tells the dramatic story of the rise of the first major grassroots environmental movement in China, a significant development that could reshape the country.
DVD / 2011 / 78 minutes / USD 250.00
>>> more details <<<

I.M. Pei: Building China Modern
Architect I.M. Pei returns to his home city of Suzhou, China to build a modern museum that complements the architecture of the 2,500 year-old city and sets a course for modern Chinese architecture.
DVD / 2010 / 53 minutes / USD 295.00
>>> more details <<<

Measuring The Earth's Temperature
Starting with temperature records collected over 100 years ago, Measuring the Earth's Temperature takes the viewer from the earliest weather stations and balloon launches, to a network of super weather stations constructed in the 21st century.
DVD / 2010 / 29 minutes / USD 70.00
>>> more details <<<

When The Water Tap Runs Dry
The greatest impacts from climate change will not be warmer temperatures but water shortages. Learn how America's water infrastructure is incapable of handling these changes.
DVD / 2009 / 40 minutes / USD 70.00
>>> more details <<<

Greening Of Southie, The
The story of Boston's first LEED-certified residential green building, and the people who made it possible. In the traditionally Irish-American working-class neighborhood of South Boston, MA, a new kind of building has taken shape. From wheatboard cabinetry to recycled steel, bamboo flooring to dual-flush toilets, the Macallen building is something different: a leader in the emerging field of environmentally friendly design.
DVD / 2007 / 72 minutes / USD 295.00
>>> more details <<<

Kilowatt Ours
Did you know that by recycling a single aluminum can we conserve enough energy to power a regular TV for a whole hour? Did you know that if every home in America used just one energy efficient light bulb that we would instantly cut greenhouse gas emissions by 1 trillion pounds per year?
DVD / 2004 / 35 minutes / USD 95.00
>>> more details <<<

Building Sustainability With The Natural Step
The World Commission on Environment and Development has defined sustainability as "meeting the needs of present generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
DVD / 1999 / 22 minutes / USD 80.00
>>> more details <<<

Sustainable Design: Sustainable Architecture
Explore planning and design; basic building design; embodied energy and resource use in buildings; heating, cooling and ventilation; lighting; infrastructures; and a holistic, or complete, view of the whole building and design process.
DVD / 1994 / 38 minutes / USD 119.00
>>> more details <<<

Wilderness: The Last Stand
Wilderness: The Last Stand is a powerful, investigative look at the status of America's last remaining virgin forests. It examines the impact of U.S. Forest Service (USFS) policies, vividly documenting the continuing harm caused by clearcutting.
DVD / 1993 / 53 minutes / USD 95.00
>>> more details <<<

Hydrologic Cycle, The
This program examines one of the most important processes that affect life on earth. The water cycle is covered from transpiration through evaporation to condensation, precipitation and run-off.
DVD / 21 minutes / USD 155.00
>>> more details <<<

This is a distribution copy. Original of this newsletter has been sent to your school's librarian.
*Contact your librarian if you require further information.*

If you do not want to receive our newsletters, please reply to this email with "removal' as subject.

Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify us immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. LearningEmall.com therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

MORE PROGRAMS HERE

ORDER

Delivery charge additional. Prices are subject to change without prior notice *

REMOVAL

LearningEmall.com. All rights reserved.
Email: [log in to unmask] Fax: (1) (206) 260-36188

Follow us: