Hello ARLIS members,

I could use some advice from you all. I am putting together a library
advisory committee for the Fine Arts Library here at Indiana University in
Bloomington. I have a faculty member and a graduate student from the studio
and art history departments and a curator from the IU Art Museum. My
purpose is to establish more open communication between the Fine Arts
Library and the constituents it serves, incorporating their viewpoints into
library policy. I also hope to foster a culture of participation with the
goal that these members will communicate to their peers regarding current
events in the library. Lastly I would like to have concrete evidence when
advocating for our collections and services.

I'm trying to put together a statement of purpose, guidelines and
procedures for this committee before we get started. I have found some
examples from other libraries, but I wonder if anyone has art
library-related experience with an advisory committee, and if so, can you
share your recommendations for best practices? If you'd like to message me
off-listserve, I plan to compile answers and put together a summary for
interested members.

Thank you,
Emilee Mathews

--