From: EBSCO Publishing <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Subject: EBSCO & OCLC Reach Agreement
To: [log in to unmask]

EBSCOhost News

Dear Librarians:

We hope this email reaches you well. We wanted to provide a brief announcement regarding an agreement between OCLC and EBSCO that is effective today.

With a truly enormous world of scholarly information, the need for extremely refined relevancy ranking has never been more critical. The most important component to ensuring that the best results for any given search appear at the top of a result list is the availability of the highest-quality indexing in databases across all subjects and disciplines. With the goal of continuing to expand our quality reach in various subject areas, through this agreement EBSCO becomes the recipient of the transfer of several top licensed databases from OCLC.

Licensed databases transferred to EBSCO include the following:

  • Anthropological Index
  • Anthropological Literature
  • Anthropology Plus
  • Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
  • Chicano Database
  • FRANCIS
  • Heritage of the Printed Book (formerly Hand Press Book)
  • History of Science, Technology and Medicine
  • Index to 19 th -Century American Art Periodicals
  • Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliographies

Two of these databases (FRANCIS and Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals) are currently available on EBSCOhost. The remainder will become available over the coming months. In the interim, there will be no interruption in service for current customers, and OCLC and EBSCO endeavor to provide a smooth transition period from the FirstSearch platform to EBSCOhost at the appropriate times. Representatives from both EBSCO and OCLC are available to answer questions, continue to support existing customers, and cater to new customers of these databases. Customers of EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) who subscribe to these databases on EBSCOhost will be able to leverage EBSCO’s unique Platform Blending technology to infuse results from these databases into their EDS experience.

Answers to questions that we anticipate will be “frequently asked” can be found here:
http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=5899

Thank you,

Rob

Rob DePaolo

Director of Communications
EBSCO Publishing

           EBSCO Publishing         10 Estes Street, Ipswich MA         01938                    Careers                                    facebooktwitter