Dear Members,

It is with great disappointment that I share that Chris Roper, the ARLIS/NA Association & Conference Manager, tendered his resignation to his employer and our management firm, TEI, on Tuesday morning. Chris was a valued player and active participant in many ARLIS/NA management activities on a whole host of levels, most notably in preparation for our Toronto conference. The ARLIS/NA Executive Board wishes Chris well in whatever future endeavors he pursues.

With regard to the Toronto conference, we are fortunate that Paul Rossmann, another Association & Conference Manager at TEI, has kindly stepped into the void to help assist us during the conference. Some of you may recall that Paul pinch hit for us at the Boston conference and was a valued and respected part of that conference experience. He will be joined by two other TEI employees, Alex Llanas and Karen Olsen, who are already on-site preparing for the conference. I hope that you’ll each introduce yourselves to them and be understanding and patient should any difficulties arise during the conference registration process or otherwise.

I can assure you that the Toronto Conference co-chairs, Jill Patrick, Karen McKenzie, Stephanie Frontz, and Carole Ann Fabian, as well as the rest of the conference planning team have been well ahead of the curve at every step of the way in preparation for this conference.  Thus we have no reason to believe that this conference will be anything but stellar.

I look forward to seeing many of you there in a few short days!

Kind regards,

Jon Evans,

President, ARLIS/NA

http://www.arlisna.org/