To: ARLIS/NA Members

Re: STRATEGIC PLAN - Finalized Action Plan

& Invitation to Meet with the Strategic Planning Committee on Monday 9 a.m. (Conference Room G)

In the last weeks before the Conference, the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) worked with those committees that will be responsible for the implementation of the Action Plan. The assignment of the lead and supporting committees is in process and will make up the team effort that will carry out the 33 action items.

These Action items span five Goals:

1.         Articulate New Directions and Identity for the Profession

2.         Expand Mentoring, Management, and Transition Skills

3.         Create Stronger Leadership through Promotion, Cooperation and Advocacy

4.         Emphasize our Collections and Stewardship Role

5.         Strengthen the Society's Communication and Operational Infrastructure

As stated in its mission, the purpose of the Strategic Plan is to keep our Society innovative, agile, and moving forward in these critical times for the library and information fields.  Other groups representing the leadership of the Society – the divisions and sections, chapters and liaisons to affiliated organizations, subcommittees, and where needed, new task-groups will be asked to join the committees in this team effort.

Just as we asked you to share your ideas in a survey and in focus groups, we now ask you to view the Action Plan and share your thoughts and ideas with us.  We invite you to the  Strategic Planning Committee meeting in Toronto on Monday (4/2) at 9 a.m. (Conference Room G).  We particularly want to meet with those of you who checked “Strategic Planning” on your new or renewing membership to discuss the Action Plan and how you can play a role in these efforts going forward.  We will be discussing the implementation of the Action Plan and how the lead and supporting committees will work together.  We are hoping for representatives from all of the participating committees.

Please view the ACTION PLAN via either link and share your questions and comments with us:

SPC page (Action Plan is at bottom):  http://www.arlisna.org/organization/admindocs/planning/stratplan11-15.html

Action Plan page:  http://www.arlisna.org/organization/admindocs/planning/stratplan11-15actionsFINAL.pdf

We look forward to meeting with you in Toronto,

The Strategic Planning Committee:

Pat Barnett, chair

Hannah Bennett

Jennifer Garland

Leigh Gates

Jamie (Lausch) Vander Broek

Dan Lipcan

Barbara Rockenbach

Jon Evans, Executive Board Liaison

Patricia J. Barnett

Chief Librarian Emerita of the Frick Art Reference Library

33 Greenwich Ave. # 6J     New York, NY  10014

212-243-4255 (NY)   646-206-8485 (mobile)    860-542-5889 (CT)