Dear Colleagues,

I'm fielding the following request from a RISD professor for his
publication. This is outside my normal realm of image content so any
assistance you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

---------------------

Although the manuscript is largely wrapped up several key pieces of
graphics remain elusive. Were this 1992 we would gladly go with microfilm
for many of these pix. But the fact is that publishing has evolved to the
point where original documents are expected and, as far as we are
concerned, since the book is about perception if nothing else, original
documents are required.

I have spent a lot of time trying to track down authentic paper copies the
the below objects, but any help that you might have to assist us would be
forever appreciated:

   - Mac the Manager dailies NY EVENING GRAPHIC Sept / Oct 1924 (These
   newspapers are next to impossible to find even on microfilm.. NYPublic
   Library has them on microfilm)
   - FRITZI RITZ April 24, 1930
   The only papers that I am certain ran this strip on that date are:
   The Boston Post (The Boston Public Library has this volume in deep
   storage awaiting the construction of a new facility.
   The Massillon Evening Independent (Ohio)
   The New York EVENING World (Duke has a good run of the DAILY World
   hardbound)
   - NANCY -Sunday MARCH 2, 1947 Full page tabloid size
   - NY WORLD BUILDING - 1900-20s color postcard or printed color image
   (not b&w photo)
   - NANCY –newspaper paper matrix- any Bushmiller strip (these were paper
   impressions made and distributed by syndicates to create metal plates for
   reproduction).

--
Mark Pompelia
Visual and Material Resources Librarian