Michael--

Reading your thoughts about the possibility of ditching ArtStor brought a few thoughts to my mind.
As a former Art History undergrad, I would sometimes turn to Google Images for my digital image needs (there were times that ArtStor just wouldn't have what I was looking for). While sometimes ArtStor can disappoint in terms of artists and works covered, it has a few things that Google Images doesn't: First, the quality of the images on ArtStor is very high-- the ability to zoom in on an image is invaluable, and a 500 pixel x 750 pixel image found on a Google search won't allow you to see every brushstroke in a Boldini painting. Second, ArtStor has a responsibility to maintain accessibility to scholars, whereas Google and much of the rest of the internet does not. Lastly, all of the images on ArtStor have reliable metadata regarding the creation of the artworks, where they are currently held, & etc.
I'm not an Art Librarian (yet!), so I don't know how much ArtStor is eating out of your budget. It would probably be wise, however, to keep these things in mind when deciding whether to keep your library's subscription or to move in a different direction.

Best of Everything--

Emily W.
MSLIS Student
Palmer School of LIS, Manhattan