Dear Architecture Section,

This is just a reminder that we are interested in having people briefly present current collaborative projects at our annual meeting this Friday.  Please let me know if you are interested in presenting.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Good afternoon,

The annual meeting of the Architecture Section will take place on Friday March 30, 2012 from 5:15pm - 6:15pm at the Sheraton Centre, Sheraton Hall A.  Amy Trendler and I are currently working on the agenda.  Please email me at [log in to unmask] by Monday March 26th if you would like something on the agenda.

One item on the agenda will be the election of the next incoming moderator.  If you are interesting in nominating someone, or yourself, please let me know.

This year we would like to try something a little different.  We had two very interesting panels at the annual Association of Architecture School Librarians meeting earlier this month in Boston on “digital collaborations” and “collaborative approaches in architecture education.”   An outline of the program can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/aaslboston2012/.  The sessions were really informative and gave us all great new ideas to bring back to our libraries and collections.

Amy and I would like to do an abbreviated version at our annual meeting – incorporating other collaborative efforts.  We’d like to have 8-10 people present their projects or ideas for 2-3 minutes each.  If you are interested in participating please email us ([log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]) a very brief description of your project by Monday March 26th.  We’ll compile the list and get back to you that week.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Toronto!

Best,

Jennifer and Amy

Moderator and Incoming Moderator, ARLIS/NA Architecture Section

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer Parker

Head, Architecture Library

University of Notre Dame

117 Bond Hall, School of Architecture

Notre Dame, IN 46556

574.631.9401

The Art Libraries Society of North America

http://www.arlisna.org/

The Association of Architecture School Librarians

http://www.architecturelibrarians.org/