In preparation for the annual conference in Toronto, please join us for the LGBTQ Special Interest Group Meeting.

The group’s meeting will be held in conjunction with the ARLIS/NA conference tour of the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives and a visit to Glad Day Books. The LGBTQ SIG Meeting will be held Thursday, March 29th from 1 to 2 PM at the CLGA with the tour of the archives directly following the meeting. Huge thanks go to Linda Morita and Laine Gabel for arranging this amazing tour.

With the early registration deadline quickly approaching we wanted to take the time to remind conference attendees to sign up for this tour when registering. The tour is only an additional $25. And, if you have already registered for the conference you can easily add this tour to your registration by going to the online registration page and choosing the “For Events Only” option. For more information on the tour and bookstore visit go to: http://www.arlisna.org/toronto2012/tours.html.

We also wanted to include a call for agenda items for the upcoming meeting. Please feel free to pass along any topics of discussion or new initiatives you would like to see the group get involved in. In addition, we are looking for SIG members interested in reporting during the meeting on LGBTQ issues, developments, or projects they are currently involved in, or thinking of initiating.

Please contact Edward or I off-list at the email addresses provided below if you would like to share agenda items or if you have any questions.

We can’t wait to see you in Toronto!

Edward & Deborah

Co-Coordinators, ARLIS/NA LGBTQ SIG

Edward Lukasek

Catalog Librarian

Hirsch Library

Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

Deborah Evans-Cantrell

Catalog/Reference Librarian

Indianapolis Museum of Art

T 317-923-1331 x556

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Deborah Evans-Cantrell by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.