Dear Colleagues,

In the spirit of socializing, fun, and information sharing in Albuquerque, we invite everyone to attend the VRA Welcome Reception and to participate in "What's Your Story?  VRA Open Mike Night."  As you may recall from our last message, we want to hear the short version (two minutes tops!) of your professional scenarios ranging from newly-hatched ideas, to challenges creatively solved, to projects currently underway, to real and imagined institutional partnerships.  All forms of information sharing are encouraged:  straight-up facts, storytelling, song and dance, and visual aids.  You can even frame your story in the form of a question to the audience.  This is an event that should require no advance preparation of behalf of the participants; spontaneity may be your only requirement.

What's the point of "What Your Story?" (you may ask)?  We hope this event is a way for members to get to know each other better, to identify colleagues with similar interests and challenges, and to initiate larger conversations about current issues in the profession.  We would love to hear from everyone, including VRA newcomers or those who have not spoken at conferences or on VRA-L before.

We look forward to seeing you and hearing your "Story" in April!

Betha Whitlow, Liz Gushee, and Elaine Paul
Organizers:  "What's Your Story?  VRA Open Mike Night"

To view a our dynamic information presentation of our vision for "What's Your Story?  VRA Open Mike Night" go here:
http://prezi.com/dwaqyeamuzaz/whats-your-story-vra-open-mike-night/

A full description of "What's Your Story Can?" can be found here:
http://vra2012.sched.org/event/ba6e14918921597ce8525f208d58ff33

While you're at it, check out the plethora of informative conferences sessions, workshops, and speakers here:
http://vra2012.sched.org/

Elaine Paul
Director of Visual Resources
Department of Art & Art History
University of Colorado Boulder
318 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309-0318
[log in to unmask] • 303.492.6136
http://cuart.colorado.edu/resources/vrc/

VRC Blog, Derivative Image
Find us on Facebook  Explore our Flickr photos  Follow AAHVRC on Twitter  Browse our Delicious bookmarks  VRC YouTube Channel