Hi everyone,

Just an invitation and a reminder to anyone interested in being part of or just listening in on the Urban & Regional Planning Librarians Special Interest Group meeting in Toronto.  Our meeting time is Sunday, April 1, 6:30-7:30 pm.  We'll be in Conference Room D.  Mark your schedules!

We'll be talking about a variety of issues that affect our work.  One of those issues is how to find and keep track of municipal documents; especially now that most are posted to the city's planning commission website and no longer come to us as hard documents.  How can we best preserve copies of those while providing easy (online) access?  Another ongoing issue is identifying and navigating the "best" databases for the multi- and inter-disciplinary work of our planners.  Bring a list of your "top  5" and we'll compare notes.  There will be time also to bring up whatever concerns you have regarding work or our group and how we can better help each other.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

By the way, we do have an email group and if you haven't expressed interest before but would like to be in that group, please shoot me an email and I'll add you to our SIG.

Best regards,
-- Rebecca

Rebecca Price
Urban & Regional Planning Librarians Special Interest Group Coordinator
Architecture, Urban Planning & Visual Resources Librarian
Art, Architecture & Engineering Library
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2094
734.647.5274
http://www.lib.umich.edu/aael/