Hi Anna,

I would look for non-profit arts organizations that put on juried art shows. There is usually a statement in their submission prospectus that indicates that there is no insurance and the organization is not liable for damage. Here are a couple of examples I found from some Southern California venues.

Jennifer

From: Anna Fishaut <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:44:55 -0700
To: ARLIS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] artist/artwork liability release form

Hi all,

As part of our library outreach and exhibition programs, we periodically display artworks created by Stanford students and faculty.  Because these works are not part of our permanent collection, they are not covered by the Stanford Libraries' insurance, and as we're not a museum, we do not have any sort of insurance for loaned works (at least not that I know of).

We are therefore planning on asking students and faculty to sign a liability release form before we install their work.  Does any of you already use such a form, and if so, would you be willing to share it with me so that I have a model or two to work from?

Thanks,
Anna

--
Anna Fishaut
Assistant Librarian

Current Exhibition: More Than Robert Frank's The Americans