From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Molly Tighe
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] artist/artwork liability release form

I'd be interested in hearing this, too.

Thanks,
Molly

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Anna Fishaut <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

As part of our library outreach and exhibition programs, we periodically display artworks created by Stanford students and faculty.  Because these works are not part of our permanent collection, they are not covered by the Stanford Libraries' insurance, and as we're not a museum, we do not have any sort of insurance for loaned works (at least not that I know of).

We are therefore planning on asking students and faculty to sign a liability release form before we install their work.  Does any of you already use such a form, and if so, would you be willing to share it with me so that I have a model or two to work from?

Thanks,
Anna

--
Anna Fishaut
Assistant Librarian

Current Exhibition: More Than Robert Frank's The Americans