I will miss the convention this year, but while everyone is enjoying an early spring in Toronto, here are a few artist’s books from a warmer climate.

Un cuento de hadas is a new book by Norberto Marrero Pírez.

“Norberto´s book is amazing. Guillermo got goose bumps when he looked at it yesterday and read the text, he said it is really powerful. The way he packed them is amazing, like a cabinet made out of cardboard. The outside of each book is carved paper-card board as is the wrapper, also blew Guillermo’s mind.”- Jacqueline Hayden

Un cuento de hadas will be available in May.

Samuel Riera a professor of lithography at San Alejando Academy of Art sent me a link for his project La linea Rojo- the Red Line, a book of visual poetry he has worked on since 2007. There is an interesting video about Samuel that I swear opens with the call of the Common Loon, (makes me want to go camping Maine) it is little strange. But how many people really know bird calls? The video moves right into the life of artist, his passions and all that is Cuba.

A year ago Jesus Hdez-Guero, a former student of Eduardo Hernández Santos showed me his proposal La tercera pata- The Third Foot,  a book melding historical Cuba publications with contemporary writers.

The Yagruma is site worth exploring- Cuban's answer to Indie Go-Go and Kickstarter.

I look forward to seeing what projects come to light.

--
Steven C Daiber
Red Trillium Press/ Aqui en la lucha

413-695-7990

Rare Beauty: Contemporary Visions in Book Arts
http://www.joseloffgallery.org/on-view/

Making of Privacidad:
www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/blue_notebook/1010/9391/tbn11.pdf

Cuban Collaborations: