Shelly, at the Center for Book Arts we saved everything possible in the
archive, and it turns out that you never know what someone in the future
will be interested in.  Ephemera can be important--even the cocktail
napkins prepared for an exhibition opening reception.

In an exhibition of mail art a few years ago the curator included a
postcard announcing the Center's first weekend event in 1975--a meeting
of Ray Johnson's Spam Radio Club-- and also included a carbon copy of
the letter Albert M. Fine had typed for me that was sent to Ray
confirming the event.

--
Richard
http://centerforbookarts.org