Dear colleagues,
The Academic Division will meet at the annual conference in Toronto on
Saturday, March 31 from 1:30 - 2:30 pm in Sheraton Hall A, Sheraton
Centre. Lareese Hall (vice-moderator) and I welcome all division members,
as well as anyone else who is interested in attending the meeting.

In preparation, please send your suggestions for agenda items to Lareese
and me off-list, OR, please feel free to them up for discussion on the
ARLIS-ALD list.

At last year's meeting, the ACRL-IRIG's  draft of the Visual Literacy
Competency Standards for Higher Education was briefly addressed. Now that
the standards have been published, it may be a good time for a longer
discussion about the standards and how they are being implemented by
division members. Please send your thoughts and ideas related to this
topic to me and Lareese off-list or bring them up for discussion on the
ARLIS-ALD list. We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone
involved with the IRIG.

At the division meeting, we will discuss possibilities for the 2013
Postcards from the Edge. Please bring your ideas! Virginia Allison and
Nedda Ahmed will lead this year's Postcards from the Edge Workshop on the
topic of film studies.

We will also choose a vice moderator for 2012-13, who will serve as the
moderator for 2013-14. If you are interested and would like more
information about this role, please contact me.

We look forward to seeing you in Toronto!
Yuki and Lareese

Yuki Hibben, moderator
Assistant Head, Special Collections and Archives
James Branch Cabell Library
Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries
P.O. Box 842033
Richmond, VA 23284-2033
phone: 804-828-8837

Lareese Hall, vice-moderator