The Cataloging Problems Discussion Group is scheduled to meet in Toronto on
Sunday evening at 6:30. This conflicts with the Book Arts SIG and several
other special interest groups. The Book Arts SIG will be discussing "the
artist book form that 23 Sandy Gallery is collecting to facilitate
cataloging/discovery/info exchange about their book artists and their
work." There is always conflict on the conference schedule but it is really
too bad that we cannot share the discussion.

Years ago, before email lists and the internet, CPDG was a vital chance for
catalogers to talk about specific issues that came up in applying the rules
and procedures, putting scope on LCSH terminology, classification nuance,
etc. etc. We can now ask these questions as they come up (or just accept
the cataloging copy we find in OCLC). Please let me know if you think we
should abandon a CPDG gathering in Toronto and invade the Book Arts SIG.

Meanwhile, I have prepared a review of the year in art cataloging 2012 and
posted it at http://artcataloging.net/arlisna/cpdg2012.html -- let me know
if you have any questions.

Sherman Clarke
freelance and itinerant art cataloger