Thank you, Peter, for sharing my colleague Suzanne Schadl's news about
the passing of David Craven. Dr. Craven was a young 60 years of age and
in seemingly great health, so his sudden death from a heart attack was
completely unexpected. I studied with Dr. Craven during my art history
graduate work, and also worked closely with him on collection
development matters for many years. We are still reeling from this news.
He will be greatly missed.

<- -/^\=:=/^\=:=/^\=:=/^\=:=/^\=:=/^\- ->
Nina Stephenson, Art Librarian-Library Acquisitions
Fine Arts and Design Library  MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001

>>> Peter Stern <[log in to unmask]> 2/15/2012 12:05 PM >>>

From the UNM story:

“His art hisᆳtory books are respected as authorᆳiᆳtaᆳtive includᆳing
the most widely read, Art and Revᆳoᆳluᆳtion in Latin Amerᆳica,
1910–1990, which was nomᆳiᆳnated for a 2004 Mitchell Prize, as
well as Diego Rivera as Epic Modᆳernist, The New Conᆳcept of Art and
Popᆳuᆳlar Culᆳture in Nicaragua Since the Revᆳoᆳluᆳtion in 1979,
Poetᆳics and Polᆳiᆳtics in the Life of Rudolph Baranik, Abstract
Expresᆳsion as Culᆳtural Criᆳtique: Disᆳsent Durᆳing the McCarthy
Period, which received broad critᆳiᆳcal acclaim, and Dialecᆳtiᆳcal