Dear ARLIS colleagues,

The historic Brand Library building will be closing soon for close to
two years for our long-awaited renovation. Art and music reference will
be conducted at the main reference desk at the Glendale Central Library
and a selection of our materials will be available at the Central
Library as well. We will continue to purchase and build collections at
our normal rate during the closure. My phone number and email will not
change.

Portions of the collections including CDs, DVDs, scores, current
periodicals and art and music books will be available 7 days a week
during the Central Library's open hours.

The renovation project will provide ADA accessibility, replace the HVAC
system, strengthen seismic bracing, improve and organize access to the
collections, restore a historic look to the front rooms of the mansion,
and introduce an outdoor programming plaza to link the mansion directly
to the Gallery. The last day we will be open to the public is March 3rd,
and the anticipated re-opening is early 2014.

More information can be found on our website
http://www.brandlibrary.org/BrandLibraryRenovation.asp
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=19093065&msgid=219595&act=JYI
I&c=821891&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brandlibrary.org%2FBrandLibraryR
enovation.asp> .