Please excuse cross-posting. A professor has asked me to find out the volume and folio number of an image from the Belleville Breviary, which is MS 1010483-10484 in the Bibliotheque Nationale. I've found a description in Leroquais's Les Bréviaires Manuscrits des Bibliothèques Publiques de France but we don't have the volume that includes the plates, so I can't be sure I've got the right folio. The description I found refers to Vol. II, folio 218v, Translation of the Relics of St Dominic. I'm attaching a jpeg, but in case that doesn't work, here's my description of the image:

There's a square in which are depicted some bishops lifting what looks like some kind of stand, flanked by a couple of knights. At the bottom of the page is a procession of clerics carrying the reliquary on shoulder poles. Some altar boys lead the procession and underneath the reliquary, two disabled men are walking, one on crutches and one on his hands and knees, leaning on those little hand crutches that you see in medieval works.

Can anyone verify that this is either folio 218v or another folio?

Please reply to me off-list and thanks.

Karen Bouchard at Brown University

--
Karen A. Bouchard
Scholarly Resources Librarian for Art and Architecture

Phone: (401) 863-3218

http://library.brown.edu/sr/profile.php?id=14

Images at Brown blog, latest entry: https://sites.google.com/a/brown.edu/image-collections-in-the-brown-library/image-news/chinesenewyear

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero.