Artist Book Spotlight: Al Mutanabbi I, by Elsi Vassdal Ellis

War and its effects are a frequent topic for book artist Elsi Vassdal
Ellis. I could never express my thoughts on such an emotional topics with
the same eloquence and intelligence that Elsi manages. She is a deep
thinker, a profound and prolific writer who journals regularly to cast out
demons with her intense and insightful feelings.

Elsi tells us of her Al Mutanabbi project, “I have avoided revisiting Iraq
for a few years now. The multi-layers of war and politics, internal and
external to Iraq, created a black hole in my creative life. I needed to
take a sabbatical from my attention to this war. When invited to
participate in An Inventory of Al Mutanabbi Street by Beau Beausoleil, I
girded up my loins, so to speak, and opened the Iraq door again.”...

...Continue reading this article here:
http://23sandy.com/works/blog-postings/artist-book-spotlight-al-mutanabbi

**********************
Laura Russell