Hello ARLIS Friends,

We are in the process of developing a new web site for the artist books we carry in inventory here at 23 Sandy Gallery. I am writing to ask for your feedback regarding the cataloging data that you need for the books you purchase for your collections.

For all new books and broadsides that we add to the web site we are asking our artists to provide the following information to populate the “Additional Information” fields that we’ve built into our web site. These fields are in addition to the artist’s statement about the work and the artist’s biography. The fields are:

Title

Subtitle

Artist/Creator

Press Name/Publisher

Place of Publication

Author of Text or Poet

Additional Image Makers

Book Bound By

Number of Images

Book Structure

Medium/Materials

Paper Stock

Typography

Number of Pages

Dimensions

Publication Date

Edition Size

Signed and Numbered?

My question to you is: what other information do you need? We are happy to add more fields as they make sense. Fields that do not apply to a particular book do not appear on the web page for that book.

You can get an idea of how the books pages work on our web site by strolling through our current exhibition of artist books by Elsi Vassdal Ellis at the link below.

http://23sandy.com/works/product-category/elsi-vassdal-ellis

Currently less than half of our regular inventory is posted with the goal of having all works listed by early March. You can see other books here: http://23sandy.com/works/product-category/artist-books

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. You are welcome to contact me off list if you prefer at [log in to unmask].

Have a good day,

Laura

P.S. I'll be at the conference in Toronto. If there are any books that you'd like to see in person, drop me a line and I'll bring them along.

--
Laura Russell

Keep Up With 23 Sandy Gallery News
Web site: www.23Sandy.com