Dear Members,

As we've shared in previous messages, the ARLIS/NA Executive Board is currently considering the possibility of engaging in future joint conferences. Before doing so, we'd like to get some information from you, our members, on this subject.

Our current strategic plan advocates that we "Foster collaborations, partnerships and affiliations with other professional organizations by identifying opportunities for cross-fertilization of ideas." (Goal III) http://www.arlisna.org/organization/admindocs/planning/stratplan11-15.html  That said, there are financial as well as "opportunity" costs associated with any joint endeavor.

Thus, we would appreciate feedback as to your level of interest in joint conferences by Monday, February 27, 2012. Please take a few minutes to fill out the following survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/arlisjointconference

We thank you in advance for your time and consideration of this important issue!

Kind regards,

Jon Evans

President, Art Libraries Society of North America

www.arlisna.org

Director, Hirsch Library

Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

P.O. Box 6826