Just a friendly reminder that anyone coming to the CAA conference
next week who is interested in a special walking tour for VRA and
ARLIS members and friends of Historic Downtown led by the LA
Conservancy
http://lac.laconservancy.org/site/PageServer?pagename=walking_tours
on Saturday, Feb 25th from 2:30-4:30 pm, should contact me
([log in to unmask] or 310-489-3792) to let me know by this Friday,
February 17th. The LAC needs to know how many guides will be required
as they try to keep the groups manageable. I need you to mail me a
check for $10 per person to Maureen Burns at 2174 W. Rockinghorse
Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275. The checks can roll in later
than this Friday, but I need to know if you are coming now. After the
tour we will enjoy refreshments at the most interesting watering hole
we see along the way.

Meeting location:  Tour meets in the center of Pershing Square Park,
by the central walkway near the mini-groves of orange trees.
Pershing Square is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles,
between Olive and Hill, 5th and 6th Streets at 532 S. Olive Street,
Los Angeles, CA  90013.  Pershing Square is also accessible by Metro
Red Line, Pershing Square station. There is a bus drop-off zone at
the southeast corner of the park (southbound on Hill Street, just
before 6th Street). It is at least a 20 minute walk from the
Convention Center.

Parking: Parking is available at the Pershing Square Garage ($5 with
LAC validation provided by the tour guide). Enter garage from 6th
Street or Olive Street.

Looks like sunshine is predicted, but the tour will run rain or
shine. Hope to see you there.
Best wishes,
Maureen
--