Colleagues

For those of you  who might be visiting the Washington area, the National Gallery of Art Library has mounted a small exhibition  of the photographs drawn from the holdings of the Department of Image Collections by the 19th century Spanish photographer Juan Laurent.  The exhibition is in the Library Atrium, and is only open Monday-Friday from 10-5, alas not on the weekends.  It closes  on December 30th

I believe one cannot mount a link on ARLIS-L  (but I will try anyway)

http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/laurentinfo.shtm

If the link doesn’t work, go to NGA.gov and select the exhibitions link for  “The Solemnity of Shadows: Juan Laurent’s’ Vision of Spain”.  You will also find a link to the exhibition brochure. I hope those of you who are unable to make it to Washington will find the brochure informative.

Gregg

Gregory P. J. Most

Chief, Department of Image Collections

Library