Dear ARLIS/NA members worldwide and friends,

We are very pleased to officially launch the Program and Registration for “Colouring Outside the Lines: The 40th Annual Conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America” to be held in Toronto, Canada from Thursday, March 29th to Monday, April 2, 2012.

You will find both the Program and Registration on our freshly updated conference web site at http://www.arlisna.org/toronto2012/

Begin by browsing through the program descriptions of sessions and plenaries, tours, workshops, social events, exhibits, and committee meetings. Then register and make your selections. The theme for our 40th annual conference will come alive with sessions on professional excellence from diverse viewpoints, sharing knowledge, celebrating innovation, exploring alternate formats, and promoting collaboration. To make your experience even more memorable, we are offering a wonderful series of tours and events to immerse you in Canadian art, culture, and multicultural cuisine - with a side serving of Buffalo NY.

Before you book your hotel, you might want to consider staying a day or two longer (before or after the conference) to experience the cultural life of Toronto. Keep your eye on the About Toronto page on the conference website where you will find information on Performances, Art Exhibitions, and other cultural events.

Plan to join your Ontario and Western New York chapter hosts in one of the most multicultural cities, located in one of the most livable countries in the world. Make sure to register by the early bird deadline in order to save money and to reserve a spot for the workshops or tours that you want to attend.

Key dates: Early bird Registration deadline, Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 5:00 PM (Eastern).  The conference hotel special group rate is only available until Friday, February 24, 2012.

We thank the ARLIS/NA Executive Board, Christopher Roper and the team at TEI for their support. Credit is also due to the many ARLIS/NA members who took up the challenge and submitted a record number of paper and workshop proposals this year.

Join us in Toronto in 2012!

Local-Arrangements Co-Chairs:

Karen McKenzie

Jill Patrick