Dear ARLIS community,

The ARLIS/NA yearlong Career Mentoring Program kickoff workshop in Toronto will be on Friday March 30th. Please save the date.

Every year we receive applications from many mentee hopefuls and then struggle to find willing mentors to pair with them. This year, let’s reverse that trend. We know that in our fabulous membership there are countless potential mentors with a wealth of professional experience to share. Please consider this opportunity to give back to the profession while also learning from a mentee—after all, mentoring is a two-way street. Come February, I want to be begging for mentees.

The workshop is Friday March 30th  from 8:00am—12:00pm. We hope members who are considering participation will plan their travel accordingly.

There is a short application process to pair individuals based on similar interests. The application will be available early January.  Look for the announcement on ARLIS-L.

Applications will be due January 27th. Notification of acceptance into the program will be on February 6th.

Happy Holidays and Happy Mentoring,

Rachel Resnik

Sarah Sherman

Anna Simon